By Lexi Myer
Whether you are a first time homebuyer, looking to buy a bigger home for your growing family, or downsizing into something easier to manage, there are important steps that need to be taken when you decide that a new home is what is right for you.
- Set guidelines for what you are looking for. Take this time to get pre-approved so you have a budget, and come up with 5 must haves for a home. You can also make a “wish list” of things that could be nice to have, but are not deal breakers. When making your non-negotiable list, think of things like bedrooms, layout, basement, and things like that. Knowing some basic ideas of what you want is good, but make sure that you have some wiggle room as well.
- Find a real estate agent. Find a buyer’s agent that is committed to you and has your best interest at heart. It is okay to interview different agents to find the one that you like best! You will be spending a lot of time with this person so make sure that you like them. If you need help finding a reliable real estate agent, let us know! We work with several great agents that would love to help you.
- Go house hunting! This is the fun part. Set up a schedule with your agent and start looking at homes. Make sure that you are 100% ready to make an offer, because houses are going fast in the current housing market. You do not want to miss out on a home because you weren’t fully prepared.
- Make an offer. You will work closely with your agent on this. If your offer is accepted then you will go into a process of inspections and appraisals. We would encourage you to do an inspection even if you are buying the home “as is” so you are fully aware of what you are getting into.
- Finalize the loan. Work with a loan officer that you trust, and again, has your best interest in mind. If you need help finding a lender, let us know! We have several trustworthy and hard-working mortgage lenders that are ready to help.
- Find Insurance. This is where we come in! We have the opportunity to look at different carriers to make sure that we are offering you great coverage at a great rate. We always make sure that you are properly covered, and make sure that you understand the insurance that you are buying. We take pride in our “WOW” service here at MAX Insurance Agency, Inc.
A huge thank you to my friend Amy Stoecker with Integrity Group Real Estate for helping me with this blog. She is a talented real estate agent that works incredibly hard for her clients to get them into great homes.
St. Louis Cardinals fan, Mom of one daughter and one son, and Insurance Agent!
Direct Phone – 913-754-3836
Lexi started at MAX in June of 2016, and has 3 years of experience in the insurance industry. Lexi enjoys spending time with her husband, two children under two, and Chihuahua/Beagle mix Ted. Lexi and her family are big St. Louis Cardinals baseball fans and travel to see them whenever they can. She also works with students of the University of Kansas (KU) as her husband is a campus pastor there.