By Terri Mooney-Hooker, Administrative Coordinator
Summer is in the air! Can you smell it? Can you also smell the other scents of summer? Like BBQ cooking on the grill? How about the sweet and savory aroma of the sauce gliding by your senses and the crackle of the coals and fire cooking the tender meat? May is National BBQ Month, and what better way to bring on the summer fun than enjoying a cook out.
Before firing up your gas or charcoal grill, keep in mind a few grilling safety tips from the NFPA:
- Only use the grill outside.
- Place the grill well away from the home, deck railings, and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.
- Keep children and pets away from the grill area.
- Clean your grill by removing grease or fat buildup, including the trays below the grill.
- Never leave your grill unattended.
Having a cook out is a great way to celebrate the beginning of summer with friends and family. May your National BBQ Month start with some delicious BBQ on the grill. In addition, always remember safety first!
Terri is the Administrative Coordinator at MAX. She performs all administrative duties, and helps out in other areas of the company when needed. Outside of the office, she enjoys spending time with her husband, her children, two cats, and her extended family and friends. She is huge movie goer and an avid animal lover.