by Kim Bronder
Yep, here it is. We all know it is coming. Some with trepidation. Some with hope. Some with fear. Some with excitement. If you are facing any of these feelings, know you are not alone.
- Maybe this is the first child off to college and the dynamics of your household will change.
- Maybe your other kids are missing their sibling or not missing him/her. More room in the bathroom was always a big positive in our house!
- Maybe you are now an empty nester for the first time facing an empty house with your spouse for the first time since before kids. http://www.wikihow.com/Recover-From-Empty-Nest-Syndrome
- Maybe you are a single parent and the house is REALLY empty. http://family.lovetoknow.com/about-family-values/empty-nest-syndrome-single-parents
- Maybe you’ve got pets and they notice the change in the household as well. Our dog moped around for quite a while when our oldest left for college and eventually recovered. http://www.today.com/id/44427516/ns/today-today_pets/t/battling-back-to-school-sadness-pets/#.V7h2ak0rJQI
You are NOT alone. I was so excited and proud for each of our three daughters when they went away to college. I like to think that on that fateful drop-off-in-the-dorm day, I showed them I how much I loved them and how proud I am of them. But, I probably was a blubbering idiot and didn’t say the words that I imagined I would to encourage and support them. While I was extremely proud of each of them taking a big step to an independent life full of adventure, knowledge and freedom, I was crying inside for how life changes so quickly.
Our family changed as each child went off to college. We adapted and grew and learned to relate to one another in a different and positive way. I hope it will be the same for you too.
About Kim Bronder Avid traveler, Mom of three daughters, and Insurance Agent!
Direct Phone – 913-754-3807
Kim has been with MAX for 5 years and has over 12 years of experience in the insurance industry. When Kim is not at work, she loves to travel, cook and read. Kim and her husband of 32 years are involved with Retrouvaille, a ministry that helps married couples strengthen and heal their marriages. She has three grown daughters, one son in law and a precious granddaughter. Kim enjoys the spring and summer months where she can tend to her garden.